We need your help. When everyone is connected to everyone else and opinions can be posted to the world from your phone, does anyone really care about public participation anymore? Do those in power really have any interest in sharing their power? Does the public truly think that they have any real voice in governance?
We want to know the state of the practice from your expert view. Tell us how healthy — or not — the profession is from your perspective. Has the craft changed (and, if so, how) and what do you think the future holds?
The survey, which can be accessed via the link below, is easy and brief. We’ll present and discuss the results of it at the IAP2 North American Conference in Montreal in late September and send you a copy of the report if you’re interested.
So please take a couple of minutes, click on and complete the survey now while you’re thinking about it. Also, please forward this or send the link to anyone else that you know that has some kind of role in this profession. Our deadline is Wednesday, August 31st. And thanks…
Conflict Resolution Strategies & Conflict Resolution Techniques
The Participation Company (TPC) has training and workshops open to everyone and we’ll bring them to you. We work with the EPA, NPS, BLM, DOT, USFS, ACOE, BOR and just about every other acronym that you can think of. We work with big and small companies, domestic state agencies, municipalities, NGO’s, tribes and organizations domestically and overseas.
We have existing and build customized workshops on (re)building trust, community involvement, facilitation, collaboration, risk and conventional communication, conflict resolution and prevention, effective meeting design, translating complex science and policy and other related topics.
We’ll customize and deliver the workshop that you need for your group, and help you find the solutions to your problems.
…a great trainer. He managed to be both highly knowledgeable and engaging of participants. The material he presented was top-notch.
– Student, Omaha
* As government employees we have our fair share of training. Not many rise to the level, as this one did, where you can say that it is one of the best courses you’ve ever taken.
– Geoff, BLM
* Thank you for a great opportunity to learn – it is rare nowadays to walk away from a learning experience and feel enrich not only as a professional but also as a human being. Thank you for enabling a truly a powerful experience!
– Elna de Beer, Golder Associates Africa
* I am convinced that this course will be of tremendous value to our staff.
– Tom, Urban Systems
* …Thanks again for the hard work you invested in making sure we had a valuable learning experience!
– Ann, Booz Allen Hamilton
* One of the best training sessions I’ve had in 29 years. John knows the Superfund program extremely well and understands firsthand the issues we face.
– Regional Project Manager, EPA Region 2
* The Samoan Circle (conversation circle) was a SMASHING SUCCESS tonight! Thank you!
– Kerri, Champaign IL
* That was the best training I have been to for EPA so far. I learned so much!!
– Jackie, EPA
The Participation Company’s upcoming International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) classes — open to everyone — include:
The IAP2 Foundations 5-Day Course:
* Omaha, NE: August 11 – 12, 2016
* Fort Collins, CO: August 30 – Sept 1, 2016
* Anchorage, AK: October 31 – November 4, 2016
* Fort Collins, CO: November 3 – 4, 2016
* Salt Lake City, UT: December 5 – 9, 2016
The Participation Company LLC is a strategic partner and provider for the International City/County Management Association (ICMA).
We’d appreciate it if you’d pass this on to anybody that you think might like it. We won’t abuse your privacy and trust, we won’t SPAM you or your friends, and subscribing/unsubscribing is easy.
Remember: We waste our time scanning the Worldwide Interweb so you don’t have to…